This Sunday doesn’t just mark the end of another week, it marks the end of 2017 (how very organised)!
Midnight will bring with it a whole new year of opportunity, wins, failures and learnings, and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a part of it all.
I am so excited for another year!
Here’s to doing it BIGGER and BETTER in 2018!
While I always say it’s important to do what makes your heart sing, even if you’re doing it alone, it’s always amazing when someone does understand you. Or even just understands why you did something that may have seemed out of character for you. Those unspoken words can somehow ease the burden for a time.
On the other side of the coin, trying to understand someone else’s perspective, who may have a different opinion to your own can help everyone grow, and it creates or strengthens a bond between people.
So that’s what I am grateful for, and am working on being better at! What are you grateful for this week?
It’s 11pm, I just got home from work, but I still have an hour to post this on Sunday so I’m gonna have at it.
This week I am most grateful for laughter.
It’s been a crazy week, and it also happens to be the third week straight working, so I’ve been on the verge of crazy for all of it. Laughter is a huge part of what gets me through weeks like these. Not just humorous giggles, I’m talking great big surprising laughs that sneak up on you, the ones that leave you breathless… that’s the good stuff!
What are you grateful for as you wind up the week and gear up for another?
A few things I have been grateful for this week:
- The earlier sunrise has made it a touch easier to be up early. Sunshine always eases the mood! Especially when you have the feeling you’re heading for another scorcher! Which leads me to no. 2…
- Mild mornings which make it easier to get outside work done before heading inside to work for the rest of the day
- Air Conditioning. I think most of New Zealand must have been grateful for any form of air conditioning they could get near in the last week over the last week or so! I have been well guilty of lingering a little in the cooler sections of the supermarket!
- Good taxi driver banter heading into (and away from) a busy day, even if I couldn’t understand all of it
- A good book and a yarn to ease bumpy flight nerves
I hope you’re ready for another big week on the grind!