This morning I watched a video on facebook, of the morning meeting held daily at Cardone Enterprises, and it hands-down seemed like the right way for a company to start the day.
The shared the successes of the day before, they congratulated each other at the top of their lungs, and sang happy birthday a couple of people in the team who have made it through another year.
The energy was positive and supportive, and I have no doubt an environment like that breeds the confidence and drive that it takes to work in a competitive sales team, or really any business.
But if like me, you still work for other people, and your small upstart business is still Party of One, how does that help?
I’ve been mulling it over, and definitely think there are ways to adapt this morning strategy to a solo-preneur lifestyle! Things like:
- Teaming up with another solo-preneur to boost each other, bounce ideas, and hold each other accountable when motivation is lacking
- Morning meeting with your family – if you can swing this, they may appreciate the extra time with you, and have a better understanding of what you’re doing (which can definitely help if you’re grinding the rest of the day and night away, everywhere else but home)
- A morning gratitude journal
- Convince your boss of the productive benefits of doing this in your office, or hell, just start doing it and let people join in
- Hell, if you’re truly flying solo put on the music that makes your feel most powerful, look at your stats from the day before, jump around, dance, sing, celebrate your own successes from the day before
Any other ideas? Do you have your own energy-boosting morning routine?